1. A European approach to privacy
Europaplads 2, 7
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Meedio takes a European approach to privacy. We only use the data, that you provide us with, to run our services. We don’t collect any data, that we don’t need, and we will never sell or share your data. Further more, we delete all data, that we collect, as soon as we don’t need it anymore. Our Product follows all legal requirements to protect your privacy. Meedio is GDPR compliant, and has been audited by independent auditors in accordance with international standards.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a video meeting).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User's device.
- Data Controller: Data Controller means a natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and
the manner in which any personal data are to be, processed. For the purpose of
- Data Processor (or Service Provider): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means
any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively, or we may be a Data Processor processing data on behalf of a Data Controller.
- Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
- Our Service: Our video communication platform, consultation platform, messenger, manager, queueing system, backend, infrastructure, and any other services provided by us.
2. Types of data
While using our Service, creating an account, or joining a meeting as a guest, we maycollect or ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, that canbe used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"), or is needed for the purpose ofdelivering our Service to you. These informations include:
- Usage data
The legal basis for processing all of the above is a contract (GDPR article 6.1.b) or your consent (GDPR article 6.1.a).
3. Usage of data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To create accounts and provide login details
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To track activities and monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To detect, prevent and address fraudulent usage and other illegal activities
4. Retention of data
- Data on registered users and customers may be stored as long as a customer relation exists, and up until 3 months after the customer relation ends (except invoices and transaction, that we are required to keep for 5 years).
- Data on guests is deleted after 3 months.
- Personal Data will be retained to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
- Usage Data is retained for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
No one can access data except our developers with necessary security clearence. All data is kept on secure servers located within the EU, and all activities are logged.
The legal basis for the above is your consent (GDPR article 6.1.a), a contract for paying customers (GDPR 6.1.b), and for the retention of transaction, legal requirement (GDPR 6.1.c).
5. Transfer of data
Our data is located and processed on servers located within the EU.
6. Service providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose:
Cookies are tiny files that are downloaded to your computer/device, to improve your experience, set up video calls, remember preferences and permission (e.g. camera settings), save account and login information and learn about visits to our website. Session cookies are deleted after each session, while account cookies (registered users only) do not delete themselves.
The legal basis for this processing is your concent (GDPR article 6.1.a).
8. Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Meedio allows you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Meedio relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Under GDPR you have the right to complain to Data Authorities in EU about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
"Do not sell my personal information" notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, we can assure California consumer’s that:
- We only collect and process data according to sections Type of Data and Use of Data above.
- We do not keep data longer than described in the Retention of Data section above.
- We will never sell any consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we will respond to you within 30 days. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on email@example.com.
10. Contact information
Europaplads 2, 7
8000 Aarhus C
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
DPO Danmark ApS
1200 København K
Datatilsynet in Denmark
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
Phone: (+45) 33 19 32 00